By Thomas Habinek
- Explores the position of the orator, specifically the 2 maximum figures of the culture, Demosthenes and Cicero
- Investigates where of rhetoric on the middle of old education
- Considers the position of rhetoric because the finish of antiquity.
- Includes a word list of right names and technical phrases; a chronological desk of political occasions, authors, orators, and rhetorical works; and proposals for extra reading.
Read Online or Download Ancient Rhetoric and Oratory (Blackwell Introductions to the Classical World) PDF
Best rhetoric books
This assortment provides theoretical, serious, utilized, and pedagogical questions and instances of publics and public spheres, reading those contexts as resources and websites of civic engagement. Reflecting the present country of rhetorical concept and study, the contributions come up from the 2002 convention lawsuits of the Rhetoric Society of the United States (RSA).
One wonders if there's any educational box that doesn’t be afflicted by how it is portrayed through the media, via politicians, through pundits and different publics. How good students in a self-discipline articulate their very own definition can effect not just problems with photograph however the very good fortune of the self-discipline in serving scholars and its different constituencies.
The ancient and literary antecedents of the President's crusade rhetoric might be traced to the utopian traditions of the Western global. The "rhetoric of wish" is a sort of political discourse characterised by way of a forward-looking imaginative and prescient of social growth led to by way of collective attempt and adherence to shared values (including self-discipline, temperance, a robust paintings ethic, self-reliance and repair to the community).
This e-book deals an in-depth research of the poetics of inventive writing as an issue within the dramatically altering context of perform as study, considering the significance of the subjectivity of the author as researcher. It explores artistic writing and concept whereas delivering serious antecedents, theoretical instructions and artistic interchanges.
- Demosthenes' "On the Crown": Rhetorical Perspectives (Landmarks in Rhetoric and Public Address)
- The Academic Writer's Toolkit: A User’s Manual
- Wer richtig kommuniziert wird reich: PR als Schlüssel zum Erfolg (German Edition)
- Refiguring Rhetorical Education: Women Teaching African American, Native American, and Chicano/a Students, 1865-1911
Extra resources for Ancient Rhetoric and Oratory (Blackwell Introductions to the Classical World)
Ancient Rhetoric and Oratory (Blackwell Introductions to the Classical World) by Thomas Habinek