By Richard Burns,Joseph Siracusa
Written by means of preeminent authors within the box, this e-book presents an available worldwide narrative of the nuclear fingers race on the grounds that 1945 that specializes in the jobs of key scientists, army chiefs, and political leaders.
• Makes the case that nuclear weaponry progressively assumed political stature and got here to dominate high-level diplomatic activity
• Describes inherent difficulties posed by way of a number of supply structures of nuclear weaponry
• attracts connections among army technique and nuclear palms keep watch over efforts in addition to anti-missile systems
• Identifies and assesses post-Cold conflict matters in facing nuclear terrorism
Read Online or Download A Global History of the Nuclear Arms Race: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics [2 volumes]: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar military history books
Every time sailors are faced with 'unsolvable' problems--be it a fouled anchor or paint that may not dry--they usually throw up their fingers and exclaim, 'We'd higher ask the executive. ' That chorus, heard for generations in the course of the military, is the topic for Jack Leahy's most recent ebook. Written at sea, his ebook offers a compelling photo of the executive Petty Officer's group within the U.
The paintings of the RAF’s a hundred team is still one of many least recognized points of the 1939-45 battle. Even much less has been written concerning the specifics of day by day digital war operations and the countermeasures hired. This e-book, the results of decades meticulous examine by means of Squadron chief Richard Forder RAF (Ret’d) redresses the stability via focussing on one the heavy devices, 223, and its sister devices at RAF Oulton, Norfolk.
Alfred Thayer Mahan’s The impact of Seapower upon heritage is widely known to scholars of naval background and procedure, yet his different writings are usually brushed off as beside the point to today’s difficulties. This selection of 5 of Mahan’s essays, in addition to Benjamin Armstrong’s informative introductions, illustrates why Mahan’s paintings continues to be appropriate to the twenty first century and the way it may possibly aid strengthen our strategic considering.
“In June many years in the past I got down to stopover at a number of the international conflict One battlefields of Europe – the slope and valley and river and undeniable that the Newfoundland Regiment proficient on, and fought over and during and below. ” So starts off Michael Winter’s outstanding narrative that follows parallel trips, one laid on best of the opposite like a comic strip on opaque paper over the traces of an previous map.
- Latin America's Wars Volume II: The Age of the Professional Soldier, 1900-2001
- Brown Water, Black Berets: Coastal and Riverine Warfare in Vietnam (Bluejacket Books)
- 11 DIVISION Divisional Troops Royal Army Medical Corps 33, 34 and 35 Field Ambulance, 21 Sanitary Section and 22 Mobile Veterinary Sections : 1 April 1916 ... 1919 (First World War, War Diary, WO95/1805)
Additional resources for A Global History of the Nuclear Arms Race: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics [2 volumes]: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics (Praeger Security International)
A Global History of the Nuclear Arms Race: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics [2 volumes]: Weapons, Strategy, and Politics (Praeger Security International) by Richard Burns,Joseph Siracusa