By William Dominik,Jon Hall
- A advisor to Roman rhetoric from its origins to the Renaissance and beyond
- Comprises 32 unique essays by way of prime overseas scholars
- Explores significant figures Cicero and Quintilian in-depth
- Covers a extensive variety of themes similar to rhetoric and politics, gender, prestige, self-identity, schooling, and literature
- Provides feedback for extra examining on the finish of every chapter
- Includes a word list of technical phrases and an index of right names and rhetorical concepts
Read Online or Download A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar rhetoric books
This assortment provides theoretical, serious, utilized, and pedagogical questions and situations of publics and public spheres, interpreting those contexts as resources and websites of civic engagement. Reflecting the present nation of rhetorical idea and examine, the contributions come up from the 2002 convention court cases of the Rhetoric Society of the US (RSA).
One wonders if there's any educational box that doesn’t be afflicted by how it is portrayed by way of the media, through politicians, by way of pundits and different publics. How good students in a self-discipline articulate their very own definition can impact not just problems with picture however the very good fortune of the self-discipline in serving scholars and its different constituencies.
The ancient and literary antecedents of the President's crusade rhetoric should be traced to the utopian traditions of the Western international. The "rhetoric of wish" is a sort of political discourse characterised by means of a forward-looking imaginative and prescient of social growth led to by means of collective attempt and adherence to shared values (including self-discipline, temperance, a robust paintings ethic, self-reliance and repair to the community).
This publication bargains an in-depth examine of the poetics of artistic writing as a topic within the dramatically altering context of perform as study, making an allowance for the significance of the subjectivity of the author as researcher. It explores inventive writing and thought whereas providing severe antecedents, theoretical instructions and artistic interchanges.
- Extreme Writing: Discovering the Writer in Every Student
- Word and Image in Arthurian Literature: Volume 3 (Routledge Library Editions: Arthurian Literature)
- A Synoptic History of Classical Rhetoric
- The Roman World of Cicero's De Oratore
Extra resources for A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by William Dominik,Jon Hall